From your web development using Laravel you may experience this issue as you setup a fresh web application run by apache and using virtual host for your http configurations. Defined routes doesn’t work but you think you set it right. On your virtual host configuration (.conf file) you put
but still you are getting a 404 error
the solution is, be sure to enable mod_rewrite
sudo a2enmod rewrite
then restart your apache
sudo service apache2 restart
This should fix the issue
Note: This is on linux implemetation
I experienced this issue when i tried to setup AsgardCMS (a laravel CMS) on a fresh/new server, took me a long time to discover the issue that’s why i am posting this note just encase.
Install dota2 but you dont want to download huge gig of file because of slow internet(meh) and you want to save time? Below are the steps on how to do it. BUT please note you need a machine that has already dota2 installed on it , if you don’t have it or you’re friend don’t have it go to sleep and continue your life without DOTA 😛
And please note i only tried this on windows IDK if it’s the same on the other platform.
- Copy the dota2 beta folder from the other machine where it is already installed. Example directory is on C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta
- Now got to the computer you want dota2 to be installed and install Steam (don’t worry steam is not that big)
- Login to your steam account/Create if you don’t have one zzzzzzz.
- Install Dota2 (ops! don’t panic i din’t want you to install the whole thing )
- Then Pause the installation (no need to continue , we install dota2 on purpose and pause it so it will create it’s directory/folder).
- Then transfer the file you copied from step #1 to steamapps\common folder. Example folder location C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common
- On my end i close the steam application but i think it is fine without closing it. But i know you are a bit hesitant so close it 😛
- Run steam again (if you skip step #7 go to step #9).
- Go to steam LIBRARY -> GAMES
- Right click on Dota2, hit Unistall this will remove something IDK what but it’s not the whole dota2 files so chill
- Then install Dota2 again – This time steam will verify if you have dota2 installed on your machine/computer . (wait until it’s done verifying)
- Then BOOM! you can now play DOTA2 as soon as it’s finish verifying IF THERE IS NO UPDATE/NEW PATCH.
Leave a comment if this articles helps you or there is something i miss.